Check out these 10 must-haves for any go-getter this holiday season!
What exactly is native content and why is it so important for businesses to understand?
Well, if you clicked on this post and are now reading our blog, THIS is native content! And here is how it works…
Native content is created and published by a company across their website and/or social media platforms. But what separates native content from other types of content is one factor - there is no call to action. This type of content is produced specifically to add value to your audience. It can be created in many different forms: listicles, tips, blog posts, anything that you feel your audience would value. Viewers don’t like when there is always a motive to “buy now” or “sign up here!”
Your audience wants to see information that is valuable to them and that is shareable.
Here is a good rule of thumb: 80% of all content needs to strictly provide value to your audience. This is vital to building relationships and trust between you and your viewers. The other 20% of content can be more promotional, simply letting your audience know what services or products you offer. Promotional efforts will not be effective unless you have the proper amount of valuable content to offer at the same time. The internet is full of content and it’s only getting more competitive. In order to stand out, you must provide real, valuable, consistent content to attract your most ideal potential customers.
Due to Facebook’s ever-changing algorithm, and the fact that news feeds are no longer chronological, native content is favored. On average, there are 200 fresh stories in any given news feed, everyday. The top 20% of people, pages and things get pushed to the top of the news feed. What your audience will see is specific to their interests and likes. If a business is posting great content, it will be seen and shared.
Content is King, and when working in the digital space… you must play by the rules!